You may be surprised, but the salt you add at the table is a very small component of your sodium intake. Most of our salt intake comes from restaurant food, and processed food.
WHAT you eat is more important here. 4 pieces of carry out pizza is 2-3 grams of salt. We’d rather you place your limits here instead of trying to go without table salt. Because it’s not reasonable to ask you to never ever add salt to anything. You’re not gonna do it.
Instead, choose food that’s naturally low in salt, and eat that, with a bit of salt to taste.
- How much sodium is too much? (bodybymonica.wordpress.com)
- Tame your Salt Intake Smartly (medindia.net)
- Study Says Salt in Foods is Still High (medindia.net)
- Three Simple Ways To Manage Your Sodium Intake (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Population-Based Efforts May Be Necessary To Lower Excessive Dietary Sodium Intake (medicalnewstoday.com)